Monday, September 15, 2008

So, there's no way he got this from my son...

My nephew has Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease! It's been nearly two months since my son had it, and my God, I just realized we haven't gotten to see them since the week before he got sick. :(

Too much going on!

Anyway, the big news last Friday was that the Des Moines Renaissance Faire's final weekend was postponed due to extreme weather. Flash flood watch, lots, and lots, and lots of rain and mud. Turns out it was a good idea to postpone, as Sunday ended up being extremely cold and dangerously windy. But, things should be dried out by this weekend, when we will don our garb, and double-up on some parts to make up for key characters who cannot be there. It will all work out!

Gotta go finish the laundry. Wouldn't you know it - the first weekend I've had off in ages, and the laundry room was closed all weekend. Luckily, we had clothes for the weekend and today, but I would much rather have had all of yesterday to work on it, than trying to cram as much as I can in the evenings of this week.

Oh well.

No comments: