Friday, July 25, 2008

My little sister...

Wednesday night, just as Project Runway was starting, my youngest sister called.

"What are you doing?" she asked.

"Just sitting down to Runway. Why?"

"I just wanted to call and tell you that I'm engaged!" she gushed.

"That's WONDERFUL!" I cried. "I'm so happy for you!"

The rest of the call was short and sweet, as she was working through the list of people to call.

And all I could think about was when she was a small, sweet little baby who had a habit of wanting to be up too late. I'd feed her the 10:30 bottle, so Mom could sleep, since I was a night owl, too. I remember introducing her to scary movies, probably too young, but she liked this certain living dead movie that we'd laugh, and laugh about. And how her favorite song when she was 3 was "Pour some sugar on me", and she'd freak out whenever the video came up on MTV (you know, back when it was MUSIC television, and not a haven for bad reality shows).

And now she's getting married.

Time really flies.

No comments: