Monday, June 13, 2005

First Post!!!

On a blog with my RealName™ on it, anyway...

First posts are usually meant to introduce the writer, give an opportunity to describe the aims of a blog, and what general topic will be covered.

You have no idea what it took to write that without laughing...

Anyway, right now, within arm's reach of my desk, I have the following:

1. My iPod Shuffle (of course, this is around my neck, so does it really count?), playing the Star Wars Episode III soundtrack,
2. A Mac Classic,
3. A PowerMac 6100,
4. My iBook,
5. Six books on renaissance costuming and chivalry in the middle ages,
6. two boxes containing more sewing machine attachments than a reasonable person needs (I even like to hack my sewing machine! expansions, baby!),
7. A copy of "The Hacker Ethic" by Pekka Himanen, with prologue by Linus Torvalds,
8. one package of heavy duty cable ties (3/8", 36" long),
9. a digital camera,
10. and a copy of my master's thesis, on my bookshelf, which I have not opened since I graduated (five years ago).
11. the original Star Wars Trilogy, on VHS: more action, less ego :)

Not to mention, the invitation for my 15 year class reunion...

No comments: