Wednesday, July 13, 2005

The Image is Done! For REAL this time!

Well, as I suspected, the keyserver problem decided to pop up again. So, I made a simple applescript that launches KeyAccess, logs in, and quits the program. I made it a startup item for labuser, and everything seems to be working properly now.

The image is TOTALLY DONE!!!! Woo hoo! I ended up having to repartition the smaller firewire drive (the image is 14GB), and am now cloning the 10.3.x boot drive of the larger firewire drive to the other drive. After lunch, I can finally start imaging the new machines.

It's been a long process this time around, and I have learned a lot more about radmind and Tiger as a result of attempting to find shortcuts (some of which worked, and some of which failed spectacularly). It's all about the Journey rather than the destination in IT.

But it feels great to finally get there.

No comments: