Sunday, November 02, 2008

Busy, busy, busy.

Tuesday night was the Marching Band Spectacular, which featured the marching band playing in the high school gym. It was really enjoyable! A couple of weeks ago, the freshman band marched at one of the last football games (they only participated in two). I managed to capture the hyper trombone player right after the halftime show. They do not take the uniforms home, so this was my last real opportunity to catch him in uniform.



Yesterday, my son went to his first high school Halloween party at a friend's house. He decided a week before the party that he wanted to be a Jedi, rather than a pirate. I was up for the challenge, as I was in need of a project to flex my sewing muscles. I did the best I could at the last second, but I ended up not being able to get any pants sew, or find any boots. Still, there are some solid pieces to build upon for future Halloweens.





While my son was at the party, I was at the Des Moines Renaissance Faire cast potluck at Sleepy Hollow Sports Park. At the end, only four of us wanted to go through the Haunted Houses. We had a GREAT time, and I haven't laughed so hard in a long, long time. We definitely agreed that we have to do this next year, as we had so much fun.


The front gate, spooked up for the holiday!

No comments: