Monday, September 03, 2007

Media Coverage - the Datebook! And other stuff!

(whoops! Obviously, hitting the Return button while in the title field actually publishes the post... I hit Return instead of Tab, and posted this prematurely...)

I forgot to post this link on Thursday:

Renaissance Faire: for rogues, wenches AND families

My son's performer profile is in the sidebar - Lord William Woodville, the Viscount of Hereford.

Overall, a good article about the faire! Enjoy!

On a side note, I am glad that we have a break now until Saturday. I spent some time in the first aid room, suffering from a bit of exhaustion caused by the extreme heat, and from going straight from the joust to the weapons talk, and then participating in the Lady in Waiting Ceremony. We had no shade, and our patio, while lovely, focused all of the heat up our skirts. I started getting wobbly during the Lady in Waiting ceremony, and just focused on smiling, and knowing where the bench was behind me in case I needed to sit quickly. Afterwards, I asked permission to go to the castle.

What happened next was embarrassing. I made it to the FA Station, sat down, and just started crying and couldn't stop. I was just exhausted, and hot, and while I had been drinking water nearly continually, I was just too warm. I'd like to say that only the first aid people saw this, but unfortunately, there were quite a few people already in the room.

After about 30 minutes of rest, ice, and air conditioning, and a peanut butter sandwich (Yay, for Peter Pan!!!), I felt better, and able to attend the last joust, and finish out the day.

And now to recover enough for next weekend! So much laundry, so much house cleaning and grocery shopping... and still more sewing to do!

But tonight... sleep...

No comments: