Thursday, March 27, 2008

Byers, and Frohike, and Langly, oh my!

Okay, so I have a small Caffeine-Free Diet Pepsi problem. It used to be a straight Dt. Pepsi problem, until last May, when I was forcefully reminded of the negative health benefits of caffeine on someone with high blood pressure and a history of stroke in the family.

So anyway, I have a flavored, carbonated water addiction.

This addiction has translated into a ton of those yellow bottle caps (orange if you buy it from a convenience story or soda machine) with the Pepsi points codes. I have been accumulating points and have entered 115 codes (and have another 25 caps waiting to be entered once I get really bored).

If you are unfamiliar with the Pepsi Stuff promotion, head on over to the Pepsi Stuff site for details. You can get free MP3 downloads, TV downloads, CDs, DVDs, and assorted crap electronics by collecting points. Free stuff is good.

So, awhile ago, I had earned enough points to get a DVD. And in the list of available DVDs, I spotted a blast from the not-so-distant past: "The Lone Gunmen: The Complete Series". I just had to get it! I had forgotten about this show, which is weird considering how avidly I watched it, and how terrible I felt when they canceled it (everything I like gets canceled).

The DVD arrived today, and I had the pleasure of introducing my son to yet another geek classic. :) He loved it! So, between working our way through the entire Star Trek Next Generation DVDs (Net Flix), season 3 of Battlestar Galactica (massive marathon necessary this weekend in prep for next Friday!), and now The Lone Gunmen, we're set for awhile.

8 days to season 4 of BSG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

nerdrium said...

Nice! The Lone Gunmen were awesome! I loved it when it was on television too, but knew, sadly, that it wouldn't last long. :(

I still can't believe they are coming out with a new X-Files movie 15 years after the fact....

jennifer said...

It's been about 7 or 8 years since the first X-files movie, I think... (puts google to work...) Okay, ten years since the first movie. Boy does time fly....

Yeah, long time between sequels. This just shows that lots of movie studios are having problems finding new material. Everything is a remake, a spin-off, or a sequel of a sequel.

Of course, Battlestar Galactica is an "inspired by the original" piece, but it is in a league of its own, and cannot be considered a remake. Can't wait until Friday!!!!