Monday, March 17, 2008

This is what happens when I get bored.

(cross-posted from my renspace account)

I was bored the other night, and decided to try my hand at making a necklace to wear with my noble garb. I had bought red glass beads, "gold" metal beads, and spared a few 8 mm glass pearls from my collection. The tear shaped pearls are from a Christmas ornament from Hobby Lobby (plastic. unfortunately). I used beading wire as a base. I love how this turned out, and my son thinks I need to make more and sell them. About the only problem with that would be that I can't seem to find glass pearls in the tear drop shape, and these would end up being fairly expensive. It has a nice weight to it. I think I'll be redoing my girdle belt with the wire instead of beading thread.

Anyway, let me know what you think!


No comments: