The McCain-Palin Mob
VIDEO: The McCain-Palin mob in Strongsville, Ohio
Wed, Oct 8, 2008Politics
UPDATE - THANK KOS & WONKETTE & DIGG!! Please donate to keep my camera charged and the gas tank filled for more Ohio fun!
It’s no wonder that the slightest incitement from Sarah Palin or John McCain will turn one of their rallies into a lynch mob. Just talk to the folks who attend.
My camera was rolling for literally seconds before people happily said to me, on camera, that Barack Obama is a terrorist. If I hadn’t spent most of my time at the event inside, waiting for the candidates to show up, I could have gotten dozens of these people on tape.
I’ve been doing blog video for a while, and presidential rallies a lot longer. And this is the most strange, ignorant, uninformed, angry, up-to-no-good, and gullible group of people I’ve ever seen at a political rally.
• The guy who said he'd never heard of Obama.
• The blonde in the 1st video who keeps getting in the way of the camera when the interviewer is trying to ask questions (what was she drinking before she got there?). And she's GOT MORE COMMUNITY ORGANIZATION THAN OBAMA.
• The parent whose child said that you'd have to wash your hands after touching Obama (wtf???).
• Wow, they really can't get over his middle name, can they. Isn't it the equivalent of John for popularity?
• They keep praising Sarah for being a normal person. Excuse me, but I think we need someone extraordinary to head this country. Personally, I've never met anyone at a bar that I'd want running the country. Seriously, folks. We're in the middle of a fucked up mess here.
• I like how one lady says that she can tell he's a Democrat, because he put words into her mouth...
Don't get me wrong, I do not for a second believe that most Republicans are like this, but enough are. I am deeply, deeply troubled by the fact that these people are CONVINCED that Obama is a terrorist. This is irresponsible, and dangerous, not to mention completely unfounded accusation. There are people screaming, "Kill him!" during rallies for McCain and Palin???? What does that teach your kids? Nice family values, right?
So, in America, the American Dream is that anyone can pull themselves up from nothing, be successful, and become President. I guess whoever crafted that dream did not really mean for it to apply to everyone.
Folks, this is all that the Republicans have at this point. They are behind at the polls, so they feed some story about someone Obama barely knew, who btw is now a respected Professor. Honestly, have we ever seen such underhanded tactics in an election? Don't answer that...
But still, death threats?