Saturday, October 18, 2008

What in the heck???

I'm still sick. Yep, still. Since Tuesday. Erg.

Yesterday morning, I managed to stay at work for about 2 hours before having to go home. My headache was horrible, and tylenol did nothing to help. I slept about 4 and a half hours, then got up and ate a little something. After my son got home from school, I rested for about an hour before getting up to help him warm up leftovers for dinner before taking him to the high school. I drove back home, slept another 30 minutes, then went back to the school to watch my son march with the band at the football game.

Yes, I went to the football game. And I sat next to Troy and breathed sick germs all over him. Heheheh... no really, I only had the headache at that point, and just felt really weak. I remembered the camera this time, and got a couple of nice pics of my son in his band uniform, and a few of the band while marching. The only reason I went was because the freshmen only marched in two games this season, Homecoming (forgot my camera) and last nights game. Luckily, the game went fast, and we were home by about 9:30, and that included taking the time to buy my son two burgers from the grill (they were having a fundraiser for a sick child, half-price burgers and brats - there is nothing more torturous than the smell of a good charcoal grill when you have hardly eaten all week, and know that if you tried to eat, you'd feel worse). I'm sure I bugged Troy by mentioning that it smelled SOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOODDDD too many times.

Anyhoo, so when we got home last night, I still had a headache, and my legs hurt really bad from walking. so I took a couple of Tylenol PM tablets thinking that I'd get a good nights sleep, as I was exhausted.

And. They. Didn't. Work.

I tossed and turned all night. I was so tired, but I just couldn't get fully asleep. I woke up at around 4, and was nearly sick. I held off, had a bit of water, and went back to bed. I slept until around 10, when National Geographic called for the 10th time in the last ten months to see if I want to join the DVD club. Nope. I decided that I felt well enough for some breakfast.


Then I decided at around 12:30 that I had better have some soup, as I needed to eat something more than a cookie (hey, that's all that sounded palatable at the time). By 2, after feeling worse and worse all day, I finally got sick sick, and then slept the rest of the afternoon.

Right now, I am in bed, with the laptop, trying vainly to not be bored out of my mind from the enforced leisure. Seriously, I've been sick since Tuesday. Tuesday! I haven't really been able to sit up long, except on Thursday during the day (in hindsight, I should have stayed home Thursday, then maybe I wouldn't still be SICK), so trolling YouTube for funny stuff hasn't been possible (the laptop is OLD, and has a slow wireless card, so video is excruciatingly slow). I can't concentrate on anything complicated, so reading political threads and articles hasn't really worked except in small doses. I tried making some new jewelry to go with the dress I plan on making for next fall, but I couldn't sit up long enough to do THAT either. I've read quite a bit, but there is only so much you can read when you have a headache and feel nauseous.


And I want to eat some Doritos, or really anything savory at this point. I should have had my son walk to the store earlier and get some.

I have no idea how I am going to get the laundry done this weekend if I don't feel better tomorrow...

1 comment:

nerdgarden said...

Tylenol PM doesn't work for me either. I use NyQuil liqui-caps if I can't sleep, even if I don't have sniffling, sneezing, stuffy-head, etc. A glass of red wine helps the process. :)

As someone who enjoys watching football, I can still totally relate to watching kids football and wishing it would go more quickly. My daughter was a cheerleader this year (which is sort of surprising, but I think it was mostly because her friend was doing it) and sitting through junior high football games is exhausting. All I used to hope for, for either team, is that they would run the ball and stay in-bounds to that the clock would keep going...

Hope you feel better.