Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Did you ever have a week where you feel you can't do anything right?

Work is a series of baby steps, missteps, and back-tracking. Well, mistakes can be learning opportunities, but it's frustrating when you want to do something new, and do it well, and then stumble over things that you saw but didn't recognize as being wrong, since you are used to dealing with a different operating system. And yes, I made sure to take as many notes as possible, so I can do it right the next time. And yes, I had unrealistic expectations that I would do this very well the very first time.

It doesn't help that I am not at work this morning. I have a billion things to do at work, and was already worried about not getting done in time for classes on Monday. However, I am waiting for my mom to pick me up for yet another damn doctor's appointment.

You see, earlier this summer, when I had the TIA, I went through a bunch of tests. All of these tests came back finding nothing wrong with my heart, brain, neck, etc.

I had a routine physical at the beginning of this month. The blood tests came back with one slight elevation in one of the liver tests. I had my blood retested last week. Monday evening, when I got home from a particularly busy day at work, there was a phone message from my doctor's office, to call them back.

When I called back, the nurse told me that the same liver test had elevated levels again. So, in a few minutes, I leave to go get an ultrasound of my liver.

Oh, so much fun.

Everyone so far has told me to not worry about it. I'm just sick of dealing with medical crap, and I have way too much to do to get ready for the new semester. I hope whatever it is can be taken care of by medication or diet, rather than surgery. If it is surgery, I hope it can be scheduled AFTER THE FAIRE (which would also be after the main rush at work has died down). It's not an option to be gone from work for any length of time right now. I feel like I would be letting everyone down. I already feel massive guilt for being gone this morning, but what with not being able to drink or eat anything at all this morning, I just couldn't face going in for a couple of hours before this appointment.

Anyway, I feel like crap right now, because I am hungry, thirsty, and stressed. I just hope I feel better after this ultrasound thing.

I feel like an idiot and a hypochondriac...

No comments: