Sunday, August 05, 2007

Not quite so productive today...

My goals for today were pretty lofty, but also, I thought, reachable. Except that I overestimated the amount of time I had to work on sewing today.

Here were my goals:

1. Menu planning for the week - NO FAST FOOD. NO CONVENIENCE FOOD.
2. Grocery Shopping
3. Laundry
4. Forepart #1
5. Spiral paned sleeves to match forepart #1 (18 total pieces, nine pieces per sleeve).
6. Cut out my high-necked smock.
7. Make Sunday Dinner
8. Go to committee meeting.

I managed to get the menu planning and grocery shopping done by 11 this morning. I got a late start, because there was some lightning and possible bad weather in the area last night, around midnight. While waiting for the weather channel to show the local forecast, I fell asleep on the couch. I woke up around 2 am, and went back to bed. I woke up around 8:30, but was lazy until around 9:00. Sunday mornings are lazy times in my house. :)

I can never get my son to tell me what he wants to eat for meals. Seriously. For a kid who likes to eat, he just does not have an opinion until it's either being cooked or already on the table. I have to suggest everything. Maybe that's why I have been avoiding menu planning this summer. I think I'm burned out about food.

I also managed to sew the forepart (waiting for hemming), and the spiral sleeve panes. I am working on hand sewing strands of tiny pearls around the edges of the sleeve panes. It's going to take a long time...

Sunday dinner was french bread pizza. Yeah, very homemade. But, by the time 5:00 rolled around, we were both starving, and not in the mood to wait until 6 to eat.

I also made it to committee meeting.

So, I guess I actually did fairly well. I even made blueberry muffins for breakfast tomorrow!

Now, it's bedtime. Too much to do at work tomorrow to be foggy-brained...

No comments: