Friday, August 03, 2007

Still Annoyed

Second cable modem is not responding. This means there is most likely a problem with the wiring, and a service call will have to be entered. Not sure what they will have to do in order to get the internet working.

Just not having any luck with that.

Costume progress update:

Got lots of stuff done yesterday evening, due to no internet access. I have just a couple more things to do to the bodice and overskirt, and then they will be done. I have to fix one small portion of the cartridge pleating on the right side of the skirt, then I have to sew the hook and eye to the waistband, and then lose about 5 pounds to make it more comfortable. I also have a bunch of sewing to do on the facing and hem. The trim is sewn to the bottom already (took only about an hour last night). The bodice is done, except for a bit more trim, and pearl embellishments. The big slow-down now is that everything has to be finished by hand.

After this little internet fix (old connection still working for some reason), I am going to get things ready for tomorrow. I have to finish cutting out the spiral sleeves, and the lining for the sleeves and forepart. I also have fabric for a new underskirt, with a gathered waistband, to reduce the bulk at my waist (the green tafetta underskirt has cartridge pleats, very bulky). I found a pretty silver/black irridescent tafetta on sale at Hobby Lobby for $2/yard. I bought all of it that was left on the bolt (9 yards). It normally sells for $4.99/yard. It is nice and stiff, and will make a good underskirt. It's just one more thing on my list of things to do.

The goal for this weekend is to get everything cut out, and get as much sewing done as possible. This is my last free weekend before the faire. I have to make the most of it.

Again, no pictures yet, because my dress form still needs repair. The black gown looks gorgeous, and I am excited to get to the embellishing. Then, on to the next project... :)

No comments: