Wednesday, October 03, 2007

It's never too early to plan for next year...

I have a confession to make.

I have started sewing projects for next year's faire already.

Yes, less than three weeks after the Des Moines Faire ended, I am sewing for next year.

I blame it all on the hours I spent browsing photos of the Royal Courts and Noble patrons last night. I was bored, I'll admit. I was at home all day with a cranky, sick teenager. Looking at all of the gorgeous, highly detailed garb made my fingers itch to add more detail to my own.

So, I resumed work on the gold snood I didn't have time to finish for this year's faire. It will be gorgeous when it's finished!

And then I started thinking about a piece of fabric I noticed when I went to JoAnn's a couple of weeks ago. It was gold, and embroidered. I had picked up the fabric, noticed it was only a 2 yard remnant, at $9.99/yard, and put it down as I wasn't thinking in terms of garb. Last night, it suddenly struck me that I had to have it, for sleeves and a forepart, and I was worried all of the way to the store that it would be gone.

Luckily, it was still there! So, I bought it, and will take it out of the money I earned at faire this year. While looking for a picture of it online, to share my beautiful find, I discovered a important, and happy fact:

I scored, big time.

Big, big, big time.



Embroidered Polyester Silk Oriana Camel Gorgeous golden color!

Regular price: $39.99/yard

....

Nothing like getting fabric 75% off...

Yippee!!!

No comments: