Your Renaissance Purity Test Results
You answered "yes" to 70 of 152 questions, making you 53.9% FaireFolk pure (46.1% FaireFolk corrupt).
According to the scoring guide, your renaissance experience level is: A 'Dane'
I totally object! ;) A good 25 of the questions do not apply to any of the three faires I have attended, and another section was for men only! They also need a section more specific to performers. Some of these items, performers would not be able to participate in (specifically, the drinking until you pass out bits - performers know better than to drink alcohol on faire days, unless it is ONE glass of wine)
Here are some questions of my own, that really should have been included:
Have you ever:
1. camped at faire in the middle of a huge thunderstorm, and not packed up to leave?
2. been nearly passing out from the heat, but still taken time to talk to patrons on your way to the first aid station?
3. given a tounge-lashing to three drunk men, interestingly dressed and tattooed, because they were touching the weapons on the Queen's weapons rack?
3a. And had them enjoy it, and do exactly as you told them?
3b. And overhear them talking about it later? "Some hot chick totally yelled at us!!! It was hawesome!"
4. played RenFaire Bingo, and in your group had everything on the list to win without taking a single step away from the booth?
5. had dust in your water goblet, and drank the water anyway, because it was too. damn. hot. to be fussy?
6. felt freezing on a 90°F day, after getting out of noble garb and into jeans and a t-shirt?
7. and not been able to stop shivering in bed with a quilt, a blanket, and a sheet, even after turning the air-conditioning off, because you aren't wearing nine layers of clothing anymore, and 80° is COLD!!!?
8. cried during final closing gate?
9. actually been on the jousting field at the beginning/end of the fight?
10. been shocked that when meeting a new gentleman, that he did not kiss your hand in greeting? (this is a Sunday evening/Monday morning problem)
11. been close enough to the joust to have to duck when the lance shatters?
12. attempted to go to rehearsal after spending three hours in the ER the night before, because you just don't want to miss a moment of faire related activities?
13. automatically repeated, "God Save the Queen/King!" without even thinking?
14. been in a commercial for your faire?
15. been to faire when NOT in garb? (I can honestly say, "No.")
16. slathered on sunscreen and foregone swimming for most of an entire summer, just to keep your pale skin for faire?
17. actually told your hairdresser to just make sure your hair is cut in a faire-friendly length and style?
18. gone to the plumbing department at Lowe's to get supplies for garb?
19. felt comfortable giving your 13-year-old son a dagger, and sword lessons, but are terrified of him learning to drive?
20. used a bodice-chiller?
Anyway, you get the idea. I could go on and on about more "specific faire" related items, but it's getting late, and I haven't eaten dinner yet.
In addition, I think my son has strep throat. I kept him home from school today, because he wasn't feeling well. He was feeling pretty good by the time we were supposed to leave for scouts, so I let him go, as it was a Court of Honor, and he had some awards to receive. He was feeling crappy by the end of the ceremony, and I think I am going to take him to the doctor tomorrow morning. He hasn't really had a high fever (it was normal all afternoon), just a sore throat and body aches. He slept a long time today (from 8:15 to 12:30 or so), and stayed in bed without protest all day.
Oh well, such is life...
Only 10 and a half months til DMRF!!!