Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!

Very low key day, today. It is amazing how things slow down after spring semester ends.

I slept a bit later than normal, after waking up early, and deciding that there was no reason to stay awake when I was so comfortable, and the wind was so nice and cool through my window.

After I got up, my son made me toast with strawberry jam for breakfast. Simple, yes, but exactly what I wanted. I did the laundry, and cleaned up a bit. I tackled some hand washing, then made lunch, and rested for a bit. We decided to go shopping, and then out to dinner.

We went to Okoboji Grill, after seeing the number of cars at Applebees. And we should have stayed at Applebees. Hardly any cars at all at Okoboji Grill, which should have been a clue. Needless to say, the one we've gone to in Des Moines a few times is far better when it comes to burgers. My burger was dry and mostly charcoal. Everything else was okay, but it was the burger that I had been craving. I wish I had ordered a salad instead.

In any case, we ate, paid the bill, left, and came home, where I continued relaxing by finished up a really good book. I am going to further relax by working on my new bodice, now that the house has cooled down.

I really enjoyed this rare weekend with no particular plans. It was exactly what I needed.

No comments: