Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Are you there, God? It's me, geekgirl...

I don't mean to complain or anything, but can you cut me a little slack? I mean, I know it's nice to be busy and all, but just a little time to stop and catch my breath at work would be great. Oh, and that master list I have? If you would please let me actually mark things off as finished, I'd really appreciate it. And I guess I should add that I'd like to not have to add five things to it for every one thing I do get to mark off. Because that has sucked so far.

Also, could you help me out by not making me so grouchy at work? I'm trying to keep the wrinkles from settling permanently into my forehead. You know, that whole aging thing? Really not your best work....

And while we're on the subject of aging... I'm going to be 36 in a few months. I'm not trying to pressure you or anything, but you were the one who gave me a biological clock in the first place. It's ticking pretty loudly right about now. Tick, tick. Between that and the raging PMS, it's no wonder my eyes can cut through metal.

I really wasn't going to say anything about the weather. You've probably heard it all by now, but seriously, can you make spring come a little earlier this year? I'm so ready to not have to wear a stocking cap and mittens to bed.

I will have to thank you, though, for giving me such a wonderful family. And for letting me get to spend so much time with them the next two to three weekends. My nieces and nephews make all problems just disappear. As for the teenager, thanks for making him a sci-fi nut, and for making him a kid who will be very unlikely to make me a grandmother in the next six years. I'll be adding that line to my evening prayers, btw.

And while I may have wished more than once to be an only child while growing up, I wouldn't change a thing. That which doesn't kill you only makes you stronger, right? I have my sisters to thank for making me as strong as I am today. Please watch over them, especially as they have children of their own.

Okay, I think that about wraps it up for now. It was nice talking to you, God. I hope things are going well with you. Keep up the good work!

Love,
Geekgirl

No comments: