Friday, February 29, 2008

Weekend Plans - It is actually going to be above freezing!

I have big plans for this weekend.

Spring. Cleaning.

I am soooo ready for spring. It is supposed to be in the 40s this weekend, so the windows are going to be opened, and the house is going to be cleaned from top to bottom.

My son is going to go through his room, box up all toys except Lego™, and pack them away to take to my parents' storage room. You see, we were going to do that before Christmas, but since I've felt like I was sleepwalking since before Thanksgiving, it didn't get finished. Now that the sun has been out a couple of days, and the snow is melting, I feel finally awake and ready to work at this. And I have a very willing helper. A helper who is going to be sucking up big-time for a very long time, and has nothing better to do, as he is grounded.

Don't even want to talk about it except to say that he has received his first and last D, and is fully aware of the mistake he made when he kept telling me that he was doing well in math this trimester. Whoops.

We've worked it out, and set out the restrictions he is going to have. I want to say that he learned a valuable lesson, but I think I'll have to wait to see if he really got what I was trying to say.

It was so much easier in elementary school...

No comments: