Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Busy.

Sorry I have been so lax in posting lately. I am working like crazy to get my son's garb finished (wearable, anyway) by Saturday. We have to be in Des Moines by 9 am, and dressed before 9:30. My son is going to wear his garb there. And I realized this morning that he doesn't have a hat to match his new garb. I think he can make do with the old hat, but I am going to have to add some trim or something to it.

The doublet is so close to being finished. If it weren't after 11 pm now, I would be sewing the lining to the shell. However, my machine is getting louder and louder, despite repeated cleaning and oiling. I am just praying it will make it through this batch, then I am going to see about having it serviced properly. It might be loud simply because of the number of layers I am going through (five layers in some places). I am using new needles, and going slow, and it seems to be holding out quite well so far. I am betting it just needs a rest, sort of like me. ;)

Anyway, back to work. I have to finish tracing out the last two pieces of the shirt pattern, and I am hoping to get it cut out tonight. I made a mistake earlier, when I sat down for "just a minute" on my bed, and fell asleep for two hours. I hate it when that happens. I am still struggling with just general sleepiness sometimes, especially after work. But, the benefit is that I have been able to get more done tonight in two and a half hours than I did in three and a half last night. Sleep is good.

Okay, this time I mean it, I am going back to work!

No comments: