Monday, June 25, 2007

Vacation - Day 1

Yesterday, I dropped my son off at Boy Scout Camp for the week. Normally, I volunteer and attend the entire week, but this year, I decided it was best to stay home. I will still be heading out there in the evenings, to help with evening programs at the campsite, and deliver any needed items. I just won't be out there the entire time.

I'll admit that I was a little worried about how my son would take it when it was time for me to leave, but I needn't have worried. As we were walking up the trail on the way to dinner, as we neared the point when I would leave, my son dropped back, to say Good-bye.

He leaned in and said, "You won't forget to bring out a new supersoaker, will you? One with secret-side-attack?" (Hey, he's a teenager!)

And then a few steps later, he came back and hugged me, and said Good-bye for real.

I think he'll be okay. ;)

No comments: