Saturday, June 24, 2006

Impossible Errands

I made out my list of errands that have to be run today, and things that needed to be purchased.

The list looks impossible. Six different places to go, scattered across town. One place needs to be visited twice, since I have a couple of prescriptions to to drop off and will pick up later (I got put on Advair by my doctor, and the other drug won't be covered by my insurance, but for the love of God, I need it, and I am dreading what it is going to cost).

Yes, some of this could have been done beforehand, but we were out of town last weekend, and this week I have struggled with fatigue every single evening (and most of the day, to be honest). That's why my burst of energy caught me off guard this morning. I did eight loads of laundry. Start to finish. Washed, dried, folded, hung up, put away. Done by a little after noon. Crazy, right?

So, here I am, hair freshly washed, after a soothing bath, with time to even shave my legs (every mother knows that this is a luxury not to be taken lightly). I am now waiting for the twelve-year-old to finish his shower. He needs a haircut again, which will probably be the biggest time suck errand we run today. The others will be easier.

And why am I suddenly hungry now that it is time to leave???? Urg... more delays...

No comments: