Thursday, June 08, 2006

Laughed so hard I wanted to cry

It's been an up and down week here in the Geek household.

Did I mention how much I hate the fact that I have to carry a frackin' inhaler with me??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obviously, I'm a little p.o.'d about the whole fracking asthma thing....

But tonight, I had fun! My son and I went to a dress rehearsal for Bye-bye, Birdie (a certain person was playing a bartender, wink wink ;) ). I had forgotten how funny that musical can be. Especially when there are adults acting, and not just high school kids.

It was really great to get to see the musical, but it did get the old acting bug acting up again... which sucks, since I have zero free time to pursue anything, due to something I can tell you all about later this month. A small part would probably be fun, but no singing, as an inhaler would be pretty damn obvious up on stage if I seized up. Urrgggggggg...... Until the doc pointed it out, I was pretty blissfully ignorant that my occassional shortness of breath was anything at all other than the product of being pretty out of shape and stress.

But actually, I am hoping it is just asthma. Asthma is fine. I can deal with it. I'll learn how to deal with it, just like I learned how to deal with the high blood pressure, and that time when I found that lump that ended up being nothing. Give me a couple of days and I'll be laughing at it. Like how my sisters called me Lumpy for awhile.... Fact of life, nothing to see her, just a geek with an inhaler... I'm turning into a walking pharmacy....

I hate it.

Okay, need some sleep...

No comments: