Sunday, October 30, 2005

And now, I finally get to sit down.

I just finished making about 9 dozen sugar cookies. I am bringing sugar cookies to work tomorrow for Halloween!

I am dressing up in my green dress, red cape, and straw hat. My son is dressing up as Shaun, from Shaun of the Dead, a movie which it seems, only we have seen (among our friends and family). No matter, people tomorrow may get it, and think it funny.

My son has to go to work with me tomorrow, since there is no school, so this should be pretty fun. There he will sit, in the computer lab, playing Halo or BZFlag, covered in red paint. I will be stuck driving to work in costume, as it takes so long to get into, and I really don't want to have to go to work at 6:45 in order to be ready in time. That's also why I'm just going to wear it trick-or-treating too.

This year, my son invited three friends to go trick-or-treating with us. All of them wear unanimously decided that I had to wear a costume anyway, so this works out well. My son wanted me to be a zombie, but I declined :)

I bought about 10 pounds of candy for tomorrow, for the labs. I am giving out candy to anyone in costume, or with a plausible explanation as to why their normal attire could be considered a costume. One department is having "Dress like your professor" day, and another is also having a costume contest.

This should be fun!

What are YOU going to be?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm hoping to get some blue face paint and be a Blue Man Group guy when I hand out candy at home tonight (I may even wear an Intel t-shirt, but I don't know that people will get it...).

However, Dallas and Company, our local "costume" store will be slammed today so I may not have the patience to stand there for an hour to get blue face paint....

G.--