Thursday, October 27, 2005

Insomnia

(that should have something like, #19849824 behind it, but who's keeping track?)

My legs are the problem tonight.

I finally gave in and took some tylenol about 5 minutes ago. We'll see how long it takes to work.

My sister, M, bought a self-hypnosis CD from a hypnotist that visited her college. My mom and I insisted that she let us listen to it (it was for weight-loss :)). So, we all lay flat on our backs on the living room floor, ready to listen and at least relax a bit.

Of course, I can't stop laughing.

I got the giggles the moment the music started.

They escaped again when the hypnotist started talking.

Before long, I was biting my lip to keep from laughing, and failing miserably. I ended up having to leave the room. In fact, M and I escaped to the computer room.

The five and a half minutes I managed to sort of hear, said to start relaxing from the tips of your toes, then the ankles, and let the relaxation spread inch by inch, until your eyes are so heavy that you can't possibly open them. If it weren't for the cheesy music (created especially for the hypnotist!), and the fact that I can't stop from laughing at things that take themselves too seriously, I might have been able to figure out how to relax enough to get to sleep tonight...

Okay, 13 minutes, and the tylenol hasn't started to work yet.

(edited out because it made NO SENSE, and had only to do with my pathetic plans for Friday night)

Actually, Hugh Jackman is the new Bruce Willis. Bruce replaced Sean Connery, who replaced two actors who will remain unnamed (cough)Wil Wheaton/slash whoever played Riker(/cough). Movies, candy, boring me.

Well, I think that the tylenol has finally started to work (1:16). I think I might actually be able to sleep now.

I hope that this post has been instrumental in putting others to sleep, as well.

Goodnight!

1 comment:

nerdrium said...

Jonathan Frakes?

(Speaking of someone that takes himself too seriously...)

:)

G.--