Saturday, October 22, 2005

White shirt - Check, Red tie - Check

Just back from the costume search. Goodwill coughed up a red tie that will soon have magic marker taken to it to make some stripes. Salvation Army store yielded a white shirt with white buttons (key attention to detail). After both items are washed, we will begin splattering red paint on the shirt (red ink in the pocket), and striping the tie. The name tag will be done on the color printer and mounted on a name tag. We may skip the black dress pants, but as my son needs some anyway, I may just go buy some.

Black shoes are the problem. My son's feet have grown a size since last summer, when we bought black dress shoes. Now, I have a perfectly good pair of black oxfords that I only wore a couple of times, and that look exactly like the pair of black dress shoes that he grew out of. I may do a bait and switch, and just not tell him that they are mine. They might actually be too small for him, but then again, I think these were bought while I was still carrying a few extra pounds.

In any case, the Shaun of the Dead costume is progressing nicely! This is going to be so funny...

No comments: