Thursday, October 06, 2005

Still waiting...

Okay, when the maintenance guy left, I had the impression that the appliance repair guy would be on the way shortly.

Not here yet. No phone call telling me when he is going to be here.

I am keeping track of email from work, and so faarrr things seem to be going okay. The point is, I have an ongoing list of things that I want to do at work, that require an actual physical presence at my office. They are not critical emergencies, but things I would rather do today so I do not have to do them tomorrow. Yes, I can sit and write up more stuff for our manuals and web site at home, but I don't have the software on my laptop to actually put the text into the InDesign copy of the manual, or to edit the web pages, assuming that I can connect via this non-university IP address. I need a larger hard drive, so I can install all of the software I need instead of half :(

In addition, if this goes on all afternoon into the evening...

No comments: