Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Okay, the diet is off!

I woke up with a light headache this morning, but didn't think much about it. As I drove to work, my blood sugar dropped and I was feeling pretty icky. I got something to eat right away from the vending machines, and then realized, as food began to take effect, that the headache was the beginning of sinus pressure.

Yup. Sinus cold. I also developed a heck of a cough as the day progressed. No fever, as such, but since I run consistently at about 97.8°F normally, and am about 98.4°F now, my temp is elevated a bit.

I called my mom after work, and right after I said hi, she said, "You too?" Yep, mom has it, and one of my sisters that I spent Saturday with has it too. Nan has it bad, apparently. Despite all of this, Mom is trying to get us to come home this weekend, as my aunt and her husband and my two little cousins (one in first grade, one who is three) are coming to visit from St. Louis. I told her that we'd think about driving up on Sunday, unless this turns into sinus infection. "We all have it, so you don't have to worry about being contagious," she cajoled. I love my mom for not minding if we visit while I am sick :) Unfortunately, the last thing I want to do if I can barely keep my eyes open is drive for 90 minutes during harvest season (those tractors come out of NOWHERE and drive 35 mph on the highway).

So, I am in my pyjamas, getting ready to take some sudafed, and sit down with a book on the couch. Luckily, my son does not have religious ed tonight, so we'd don't have to go anywhere the rest of the evening. I have to stay up until 10 though --- NEW SEASON OF SOUTH PARK!

Time to dig the medicine out of the first aid kit...

No comments: