Wednesday, October 19, 2005

One bad thing about taking cold medicine...

(oh and in case you missed the meaning of the last post title, "Feed a Cold, starve the flu", hence no diet until this cold is gone)

As I was saying, one bad thing about taking sudafed is that if you get interrupted while sleeping, or do not get to sleep within a certain period of time after taking it, you might as well get up and bake a cake.

So I did.

Chocolate. It's in the oven right now.

Somehow, while I couldn't finish three pages in the book I am reading, due to being distracted by the SpongeBob Movie (one of my son's library picks - of course he also heartily agreed to Shaun of the Dead), I decided that I needed to bake a cake. I wanted something sweet, and since there are no sweets in the house, and I had a cake mix and frosting in the pantry, I decided to make a cake.

I am never getting to sleep tonight. And I only took half a dose...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That happens to me too... sometimes it puts me right out.. other times it makes me more wired than a kid sipping home-made root beer all day. (aka sugar water)

If you know what I mean....

jennifer said...

Strangely, I do :)

I finally think I can sleep now, my eyes are pretty heavy, and I got my South Park fix (one of the best I've seen in a looong time).