Monday, October 24, 2005

You know that scene in Scanners...

Yes, I feel like my head is going to blow up.

When I woke up this morning, my stomach felt a little off but it wasn't until I got out of the shower that I realized that I had a problem.

Stomach flu.

I brushed my teeth, and resigned myself to taking the day off. I sent my son off to school, and settled on the couch with the weather channel on at very low volume.

When I woke up at around noon, I checked email, then decided that I should try to eat something.

Ten minutes later, I discovered that it was a bad idea.

About 2:30, the headache started, and my temperature got higher.

I made soup for supper (for me - my son had leftover tacos), but I ended up throwing it away after smelling it. I made oatmeal instead, and it seems to be doing okay so far.

But the headache will not go away, even with tylenol.

I hate being sick. I can't relax because I know there are a million things that I need to be doing other than being sick.

I just hope this doesn't last much longer...

1 comment:

nerdrium said...

Hope you feel better soon.

That scene in Scanners scared the hell out of me when I was a kid--that movie was on HBO right about the time my family got cable in the mid 1980s. That head blowing up stuff gave me nightmares for a long time.

Now my only nightmares involve the Borg...

G.--