Wednesday, October 26, 2005

There were a bunch of things I wanted to blog about today, but...

I was at work.

Last night, I happened to catch VH-1's I Love the 80s - 3D. Oh, the things I saw, and the memories that came back...

And tonight, it's '84 and '85! Unfortunately, I have stuff to do tonight that will probably not involve watching tv, except for South Park.

Yet another bad thing about being sick is the fact that all of the Mom-Work piles up. I have a running list right now that I know I will not get done tonight. But, I am okay with that. As long as I get the laundry done, and the house dusted, things should shape up fairly quickly.

What I am battling right now is severe leg pain, consequence of two days of inactivity, and a full day of running at work. Actually, my legs started hurting after only an hour, during which I spent most of the time sitting at my desk in my very expensive chair (TG for half-price sales!). I probably won't sleep well tonight, so it is just as well that I have chores to keep me occupied.

Hmmm, oh, and another thing I wanted to write about...

We are dressing up for Halloween at work on Monday! I have several excited lab monitors who are on board, and apparently one of the departments is having a costume contest. This brings me to my other, other plans for the next few days...

I am planning on ripping apart the horrid red dress and redoing the bodice in a style that will actually fit, and doesn't have crappy sleeves. I am going to start on this tonight while the laundry is going (three loads at a time - I love apartment building laundry rooms!). I am going to nix the stupid hat and opt for just a plain white head covering, which should look much better. I also have some jewelry that I made this summer that will go with it, too.

Should be fun to do tech support stuff in farthingale, huh?

The best part is, my son does not have school, so he is coming to work as Shaun of the Dead (nametag finished, cricket bat template finished, to the correct size for his height - 5). I wonder just how long it will take for someone to notice...

Eek... time to go... so much to do, so little time...

No comments: