Thursday, October 20, 2005

I Hate Laundry

Okay, actually, I rather like doing laundry normally, but tonight my cold has me wiped out, and the last thing i want to do is trudge up and down the stairs doing laundry.

There is something about finishing the laundry that really makes me feel like I am organized, and have everything under control, even if the dishwasher is filled with dishes, and my son has his 10,000 piece megablock Tank spread across the living room floor. Having clean laundry to wear means not having to worry about NOT having clean clothes to wear.

It is also one of the three "D"s that are part of the flylady mantra.

Dinner, dishes, and duds.

These are the three key items that you need to do, even if you can't do anything else when you are sick. Doing these three things will still make you feel like you have accomplished something, and if the rest of your routines have been kept up, you can get through being sick without having the house and family fall apart around you.

Dinner tonight was Culvers, since I had to take my son to get his hair cut anyway (the kid is beyond help - 8 years with the SAME HAIRCUT. He will not change.) That's one D taken care of.

Dishes were in the dishwasher and the dishwasher was running when we left. I am going to empty it in just a few minutes, and put the last couple of things in. That's the second D.

Which brings me to the third D. Duds. Laundry.

Oh well, I had better quit complaining and just do it. It'll take me five minutes to start, 25 to wash, and 47 to dry. In between, I am vegging on the couch. No sudafed tonight, unless I take it after the laundry is done, and go to bed immediately.

No comments: