Thursday, October 06, 2005

Cold

Good-bye beautiful fushia and bright pink petunias. Good-bye morning glories, you've bloomed beautifully in hues from deepest purple, indigo blues, and deep pinks. Good-bye wild-flowers, with your red petals edged in gold. Good-bye snapdragons, I don't remember planting you this year, but I am sorry that I pulled some of you when I thought you were weeds. You bloomed long into the fall, and I never saw you without smiling, thankful that you lasted this long.

It's going to freeze tonight, and while some of you may make it past this first freeze, they'll be more cold nights ahead.

And when you are dried up and brown, I will search for your seeds, so I can plant you again come spring.

1 comment:

Carol said...

I hate to see summer flowers go away, too. I enjoyed reading your blog.