Thursday, October 06, 2005

Maintenance=1: Jennifer=0

Okay, last night, when I opened the freezer to get some ice, I noticed an odd smell, and the freezer was suspiciously warm. "Okay, it's defrosting," I said, then opened the refrigerator to get some Diet Pepsi.

"Okay, that's not normal." I watched in dismay as water steadily dripped from this thing in the back. In fact, there was quite a bit of water. I grabbed a bowl and stuck it under the drip, then proceded to clean up the worst of the water mess.

Now the maintenance guy has come and gone, spending a total of less than five minutes looking at it. "I'll call the appliance guy," he said, after I had shot down his thought about the normal defrost cycle. He was nice, he just needed to see the steadily filling bowl to agree that it was not normal for water to be dripping into the refrigerator area. The applicance guy is also going to check the temperature in both areas to make sure it is keeping things safely cooled.

But now I am stuck waiting again...

No comments: