Saturday, December 09, 2006

Mission Mostly Accomplished

I am back from my marathon shopping expedition. I had a late start, due to needing to head into work for awhile, then deciding to make pancakes for breakfast when I got home. So, it was 10:00 before I could bundle into the front-wheel drive sleigh and head off to do my Christmas shopping.

I went downtown to see what I could find, and ended up buying one thing. I had a great time in the shops, though. Cooks Emporium was great, as it smelled wonderful (they had given cooking demonstrations earlier). I left without buying anything, however.

Then, on to Target, where I got the inside scoop on when the next shipment of Nintendo Wii's are coming in. However, I am not in the mood to sit in the cold waiting. I did manage to get the game that my son really, really wanted. He knows that he probably won't be able to get the Wii until after Christmas, but he still wanted to get the game before they were out.

So, my son is pretty much finished, as far as gifts. The only thing I couldn't find was a reasonably priced Star Wars Lego set. In fact, all they had were the big sets. And non-Star Wars sets. I may go back and get him another tank from the Forces of Valor sets. I bought a WWII Jeep Willys set, which he'll like, but Target was low on the tank sets this year. I also went to Game Stop and found two games that he's been wanting for ages. He doesn't care if he gets used games.

As far as the rest of my list...

Well, the grab bag is taken care of, as are the lab monitors. The rest will have to wait until next weekend. :)

Time for a nap!

No comments: