Friday, December 08, 2006

Serious Plans for tomorrow

As in, serious SHOPPING plans for tomorrow.

Folks, Christmas is just over two short weeks away. I have exactly ONE present bought for my son. ONE. I have presents for three of the 14 other people on my list bought and under the tree.

I am going to get up early, take care of the house, then put on my shopping shoes and go do some serious damage to the bank account. No clue what to get my co-workers. More fattening holiday goodies, just like every year, I think. They're guys, so they appreciate it. And I think my special sugar cookies for the main office (melt-in-your-mouth, and made with real butter). That helps a bit with the money budget, but is hard on the time budget.

Whoops. I forgot that I have 20 additional people on that list... My student employees! Okay, they're getting food goodies, too. I'll have to get some to them tomorrow night, so I catch everyone as they work during the week. They've been great this semester, and need a treat. Hmm... I'll have to think about it...

Still haven't quite decided on the grab-bag gift for my granny's house. José Cuervo Margarita mix? Or something more sedate...

But the hardest person to buy for is going to be Movie Star. I ended up with her name this year for the first time in years and years. And she doesn't want a Target gift card, since she works there. She wants something fun. No clue. Zip. Zilch. Nada. If you are reading this, Movie Star, please give me a hint? Somehow I don't think giving you a Barbie is going to cut it this year... (yes, it has probably been that long since I had her name).

Mom and Dad... no clue. I carefully looked at all of the pottery and woodcrafts that the students were selling this week, to see if there was something that would go well in the kitchen, but all of the colors were wrong, or the style was not right. I may hit the downtown stores to see if I can find something special for Mom. Dad is always a tough one to buy for.

Grandparents... not a clue. Something small and sweet. Hmm...

So, I am going to be busy tomorrow. Very, very busy.

I only hope the checkbook doesn't burst into flames...

No comments: