Sunday, December 03, 2006

The Pool is open

Any bets on how long it takes before I have a nervous breakdown? Because I am close.

I had to forgo shopping with my mom and sister today, because I was exhausted from this weekend, and had too many things to do before going in to work this evening. I have ZERO Christmas shopping down.

Zip. Zilch. Zero. Nada.

Busiest time of the semester. I will have almost no time to myself for the next week. I am attempting to hold on to my sanity in the face of everything going wrong lately. My formerly charmed life is fast becoming difficult, and I am just sticking my chin up, taking deep breaths, and focusing on the long term rather than the immediate disasters.

I was never very lucky in big things, you know, like money, love, success. It was the little things, like finding a good parking spot, having things work, and not break on me, being able to walk into a room and having broken computers just suddenly decide to start cooperating, being good with kids... This semester, I have been joking all too often that I am just not having good luck, that I am a jinx now.

So if you know me in real life, and were wondering where that happy, carefree girl went. You know, the one who laughed and talked a lot, she's still here. She's just having a hard and stressful time right now. Give her a couple of weeks, and she'll relax.

All I know, is that I'd be a lot happier right now if I had at least a couple of presents wrapped and under the tree...

No comments: