Friday, December 22, 2006

Nothing like a sense of accomplishment to get you moving even more...

I am amazed at the amount of stuff I have accomplished this morning. My kitchen is clean. The living room is clean, the dining room is clean, my room is clean.

My son attempted to clean his room, but whoa, do we have a lot of work to do in there (shoving things to the edges of the room is not cleaning!). I went in to tell him so, and found him curled up under his loft, sleeping. So maybe it can wait a bit.

We are going to go shopping this afternoon, for our stocking stuffers. This is a tradition we started a couple of years ago. Each of us has $10 to spend on ourselves, to fill our stocking. We can also buy things that we both want, to share. We shop at Goodwill, Target, and Walmart (if we have to, ug). Usually we can find brand new books at Goodwill for $.59, and last year I found a ton of jewelry in Target that was in the dollar bins (and ended up being used on my noble dress for the ren faire). It is amazing how far $10 will go if you are really careful. Both of us look forward to our stockings on Christmas Day.

Best of all, it is a time for us to talk, and have fun, without being in a rush. While everyone else is fighting over the last "Tickle me Elmo" doll, we are goofing off, and finding weird things to fill our stockings. Lots of fun!

I just have to remember to actually get them into the car this year. Last year, I let them at home. Whoops!

No comments: