Saturday, December 30, 2006

Rainy and Grey

I've done the menus for the week, did the grocery shopping, and have started the laundry. Part of the laundry is the cotton drill that I bought yesterday, for my new corset. It's a very heavy fabric, almost like canvas, but not as thick and stiff. This should hold up much, much better than the old blue corset (which was nearly in pieces by the end of this faire season, with the plastic bones ripping through the fabric). It also wasn't terribly comfortable around the hips. This new corset will have tabs at the bottom, and straps, and should be loads more comfortable.

I could not sleep again last night. There shouldn't have been any problem with that, as I got up early yesterday, and we spent the morning shopping, and the afternoon with friends. I was still up past midnight, though. I forgot to set the alarm this morning, so I overslept. Not happy about that.

Oh well, I have to go throw stuff in the dryer. I am anxious to get started on this project. Once I finish this, I can take new sets of measurements while wearing the corset, and I can start planning my new gown. Yippee!!! I have some practice fabric that I will be using (um... three brocade tablecloths that I got on clearance at Target for $5 each. 20 yards of fabric, for $15 is not bad). I also found fabric for at least one new set of sleeves and a forepart (another brocade tablecloth, that I actually really, really like).

This should keep me busy for awhile. :)

No comments: