Monday, April 30, 2007

I know, if I say I'm really busy one more time, you all will go off and read some other blog...

Seriously, it's okay. I know I'm boring. I never had any intention of doing anything great with this blog. It's just a way for me to say what I am doing, and share interesting tidbits about daily life in Iowa.

Tonight's big plans:

1. Iron black flannel.
2. Cut out cloak.
3. Sew cloak.
4. Put trim on cloak, if I have enough.
5. Read a bit of the romance novel I'm reading.
6. Sleep.

So yeah, boring to you, fun for me. That's okay.

Oh, and did I mention that my Granny gave me some leftover velvet (silk! okay, mostly rayon, but it also has SILK IN IT!!!!). There ended up being only about 8 feet of it, which isn't enough to make a dress, but it is enough to make sleeves and a forepart. She also gave me her velvet pressing board. I have been wanting one for awhile, but they are pricy enough that I had hesitated. She had kept this fabric for over ten years - it was leftover from Nan's wedding. Just as gorgeous now as it was then!

I think my niece is going to get something special made out of it, too.

Anyway, time to get in gear. Two hours left tonight before I get too tired to work...

No comments: