Thursday, April 12, 2007

One more post today...

Finished the cartridge pleating on my new red pirate skirt!!!! Just have to sew a french seam to close up the back, and it is finished. I added black bias tape to the hem, to give it some character. Beings how I have a ton of thinner black bias tape, if I have time, I am going to add another line of trim an inch above the hem, to give it more interest.

The Iowa Renaissance Faire is in three weeks, and I have soooooo much to do before then.

Oh, and I found paper parasols at Hobby Lobby for $3.49 each! I spent $8 on mine at the Nebraska Faire last year (it was a LIFE SAVER!!!). I am worried about breaking my good parasol. I thought my good one was larger, but they are the same size, and are in fact, nearly identical in every way. The only problem is that the ones I just bought are very bright colors: hot pink, and the other is bright blue with flowers on it.

Needless to say, I also bought paint last night, so that I can try to tone down the colors...

Okay, time to get some sleep for a change!

No comments: