1. The pattern is printed wrong. The extension pieces, which are to be taped to the upper part of the cloak, do not match up! The registration marks are off! I had to fudge it... I also cut into this pattern, rather than trace it off, as I will never use it again. I will buy a newer copy, hopefully without the registration issues. I found another "typo", so to speak, but it was minor.
2. I painstakingly ironed the flannel, then folded it in half, matching up the selvedges, and pinning them the length of the fabric (6 3/4 yards), only to look at the fabric layout more carefully, and see that it did not need to be folded lengthwise at all. Bugger.
3. I forgot how hard it is to cut flannel. My hand hurts.
4. Good news is, it's a matter of sewing three seams, and adding the binding to the edge. I am going to buy a clasp tomorrow, and add black guimpe braid around the edges.
5. I have a raging headache from having to cut this out, on the floor. It's also a million degrees in the living room, since I had to turn the fan off (blowing the pattern tissue too much). I can finally turn it on now.
Three seams, then I can go to bed. Six, actually, since I am doing french seams... then to bed! Or maybe I'll do it at lunch, because my headache is really, really bad...