Thursday, April 05, 2007

What in the HELL is THIS????

McCall's, someone has to be on drugs to think that THIS is anything remotely a.) Renaissance, or b.) attractive.

Ug. Don't buy this one. Seriously. Please do not inflict this on anyone at faire. There are soooo many more good patterns out there.

Update: I went back and looked at this, and realized that I think they may be trying to go for something like what the servant guy in Ever After was wearing. Except the insert triangle thingy would need to be a separate garment, and it would not be quite so ugly. What the heck is that green thing? The collar is... ugh. I don't want to sound like a snark, because I am not. I am perfectly fine with people dressing up for faire, but this would not be attractive on any one. I can't believe McCalls would get rid of perfectly good patterns and replace them with this monstrosity. End rant. Never want to look at this pattern again.

No comments: