Wednesday, September 13, 2006

At Patience End

I swore I would not do this until after the faire, but I couldn't NOT do this.

After a vain attempt to wash most of the faire site dirt out of my hems, I gave up. I took it down to the laundry room, used the hand wash sink to rinse the worst of the mud off, then...

and here is where you may want to not read if you are at all sensitive to shock...

I threw the damn skirt in the wash on the delicate cycle.

I know that the trim will probably fall apart, but I am willing to sew more on tomorrow and Friday night in order to not have to try to wash it by hand.

Some of you know exactly what it means that I have come to this point.

And I will add more to the significance of this event: I cannot find more of this material in Ames. They may have it in either Fort Dodge, or Des Moines, but I don't have time to make another skirt even if they did have it.

My fingers are crossed that this gamble will payoff...

No comments: