Saturday, September 23, 2006

My baby is growing up...

Okay, so he hasn't been a baby for a loooonggg time....

When i was a girl, one of our slumber party games was truth or dare. Sometimes, the dare was to pick a boy we liked, then we had to call him.

Last night, around 8:30, the phone rang. When I answered it, no one was there. I could hear something in the background, so I said, "Hello," again, and someone asked to speak with my son. I handed the phone over to him, he said, "hello," and repeated it a couple of times. Finally he turned and looked at me and said, "they just laughed and hung up!"

"That's weird," I said.

...

...

"Oh my God! A girl likes you!!!!" It had finally dawned on me what just happened!

"WHAT?" he said, incredulously, then he started smiling.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does he have any idea who it was? That is so cute to see young kids doing the same thing we were doing. Nan!

jennifer said...

No, not really. She only laughed, didn't really say anything. I didn't recognize the voice, either. It is cute!!!! But I don't remember doing that myself - too shy... -J