Thursday, September 28, 2006

"A ha!" Moment

Never good when you realize, the night before you need to leave on a trip, that you have forgotten to purchase some important items, such as dress shoes for your son, and a shirt and tie for the same. Oh, and that you did the wrong load of laundry, and he has exactly one clean pair of boxers that fit, and seven clean pairs that are too small (these were already clean, just in the wrong basket in his closet, and I mistook them for the right-sized ones... time for them to go away!!!!).

I have no idea how I am going to get ready in time to leave tomorrow night. I really want to leave tomorrow night, as I want to spend some time with my family before the wedding. I want time to goof off! I supposed I could take a load of laundry with me, to do tomorrow night, but I try to avoid that at all costs, just because who wants to do laundry when they go visit parents?

I am going to try to do as much as I can over lunch tomorrow. I have to run to Wal-mart for the shoes (I need to replace the ones he wore to the renaissance faire, as mud does not come out of suede very well, and he ripped a seam as well). I would prefer to go to Target for his shirt and tie, as they have better-made clothing, and better jewelry.

Anyway, among the other things I forgot to do tonight: take movies back to the library. Now I get to get up 30 minutes early, so I can run across town to return them. (Okay, just renewed my DVDs, but I can't access my son's account, because he never signed up for a pin #).

I guess I got out of my list-making habit recently. I usually have a list in my purse that I work from for errands. I spend a bit of time every day double-checking, and adding to it. Things get done when I do that.

So anyway, I now have a rude reminder of why my list-making was so important. I have conflicting things that need to be done tomorrow, and not anywhere enough time to do them.

However, I do know one thing - I will make it to mom and dad's tomorrow night.

No comments: