Thursday, September 07, 2006

My hands are dyed pink.

SOMEthing wasn't colorfast.

I gently worked the dried mud out of the hem area of my overskirt. The water was muddy then, but not too bad as far as dye bleed.

So, after cleaning out the tub (yeah, no machine wash for this until after fest), I filled it with cold water, and more laundry soap. I ended up with pretty pink water. It was to be expected. I had already washed and dried the fabric before cutting into it, but reds are really prone to bleeding anyway.

The rinse ended up being pretty pink.

More like red.

I think it was more the trim bleeding than anything (I hope).

And then I washed the forepart and kicked myself for lining it in black. What was I thinking??? Oh yeah, I know... I had already washed this black fabric, and it hadn't really noticeably bled. Of course, now it did. I think I rinsed it well enough that not much was left on the gold brocade.

I am hoping anyway.

I knew I should have priced the dry cleaning, but I just know it is going to be horrendously expensive. I need to keep my options open, too, as once you dry clean something, you cannot just wash it ever again.

Now the trick is to see if it will dry before tomorrow night, so I can fix that pesky hem, and iron it...

No comments: