Friday, September 08, 2006

Two things that suck

1. It is supposed to rain. I can see storms to the north on the radar, and the tall clouds from my window confirm that it is going to rain somewhere in Iowa tonight. Hopefully, it will not rain in Des Moines tomorrow or Sunday. I am not holding my breath.

2. I have had a stuffy nose for the last couple of days. Today, in the parking lot of Target, I suddenly realized that I have a sore throat. When I tried to eat a piece of pizza with my son, I confirmed the fact. I grabbed the last remaining can of chicken noodle soup, and a Sudafed Severe cold tablet (the only thing I had for colds. It's not the loopy sudafed, though, so I should be fine).

My throat sort of feels better after the soup, but I can tell that tomorrow is going to be interesting. I think it was having the window open the other night that did it (I fell asleep with the window WIDE open, and it was COLD). In any case, I have my underskirt and farthingle in the wash right now, so as soon as those are dry, and the farthingale rebuilt, and the suitcase packed, I am taking a hot bubble bath and going to bed to read and drift off to sleep.

I can't wait...

No comments: