Saturday, September 23, 2006

Bored

It's funny how I was so looking forward to this weekend. I mean, besides the corn-picking fund raiser today, I did not have anything at all scheduled for this weekend. We left the fund raiser at the lunch break, due to the fact that my back hurt so bad I could hardly stand (should have worn my corset - the last three weekends, I had no back problems, just leg pain). I had a nap when we got home, then I made chili for supper.

And now I am sitting, with nothing to do.

I could work on a new doublet for my son, for the St. Cloud thing. I probably should, since we are portraying late 16th century, instead of mid-16th. I get to play Lady Elizabeth (Bess) Throckmorton, who eventually managed to marry the notorious Sir Walter Raleigh. Interesting story there. Basically, they are both lucky to have kept their heads at the time, and eventually, Sir Walter ended up losing his.

In any case, my son, even as our squire, should be better dressed. I may drive to Hancock Fabrics tomorrow, as they are having a sale.

In addition, I am planning two new gowns (planning, designing, not making just yet, too expensive). One I would like to make out of blue silk (obviously not a faire dress, except during very dry days with absolutely no chance of rain). The other, black corduroy, in the doublet style (which would be very nice and warm for this October thing).

The funny thing is, the black doublet dress I could probably have ready for October, except that I have a wedding to go to next weekend. I could wear my yellow forepart and sleeves with it, and just do very minor amounts of trim. and lots of jewelry. It wouldn't be very practical for faire, either, however. Too warm most days, although, the last day of the faire was fairly cold and windy.

In any case, I think that if I wait for sales, and use my JoAnn Fabrics coupons carefully, I could easily make two more dresses by next year. It's more that I am wanting something to do with my free time, than out of need. Of course, who knows if the Court will do more events between now and next September, so it might be wise to have some alternative gowns. I also want to make more pearl jewelry...

No comments: