Friday, September 15, 2006

Chewing through the list of stuff to do tonight.

My to-do list was quite lengthy today. I managed to get one item crossed off over lunch (washing my poor yellow forepart for the billionth time). The rest had to wait until after work.

I went to Hobby Lobby to find tack-backs for a couple of pins that needed new ones. I got distracted wandering through the aisles, and found a beautiful broach to put on my skirt tomorrow (like i needed more). I finally found the tack-backs, and managed to get out of the store only $5.52 poorer.

I was starving. I had planned a nice dinner at home tonight, everything homemade. However, I decided to surprise my son, and bring home Culvers, including onion rings.

As we were eating, my sister Nan called to update me on my niece's situation. She has been having problems recently, that started when they came home to visit my grandmother in the hospital. These problems include going through 9 diapers a day, and a box of diaper wipes every two days. Needless to say, it's pushed back the potty training. She is scheduled for tests on the 9th, but they also ran some other tests and found that she had a bacterial infection. She probably picked it up from the hospital, is what they think, since the timing is right. She is on a pretty hefty dose of anitbiotics right now, but is otherwise fine. No complaints, no pain that they can tell. We are hoping that is all it is, and are praying that it is not the "C" word.

She is an amazing child. Her mother spends a lot of time playing with her, reading to her, and going through flashcards with her. She will pull flashcards out of the pile and tell her parents what they are. She told me that she had pizza last night, and "oli-oli" for lunch yesterday. This is a little girl who would not even touch table food, not even with her fingers, at the beginning of the summer. She had brought her mother her toy Horse while we were talking. She won't be two until December.

In any case, back to the onion rings...

Nan and I were talking about this weekend being Romance weekend at the faire, and all of sudden, I started feeling really sick. I ended up having to say goodbye quickly. Later, I took some medicine for the problem, but I stil felt awful. I took a nap (so I won't be able to sleep now until midnight, dang it). After I woke up, I was able to go out and get groceries, but I am really hoping I feel better before tomorrow. I knew I shouldn't have bought fast food. I should have stuck to the health meal I had planned that had absolutely nothing that would have made me sick. My son, of course, had not a single problem. My stomach is just too sensitive.

So, I still have this list of stuff I wanted to accomplish tonight. I am going to prioritize, and do what is absolutely necessary.

After all, I won't be able to sleep until midnight anyway.

No comments: