Sunday, September 24, 2006

Shop 'til you drop...

My mom called at 8:00 this morning. Normally, phone calls at that hour on a Sunday are cause for alarm. However, this one was good.

"How 'bout I come to Ames and help you find something to wear to the wedding, and you can help me find a pair of brown pants?"

Heck yes!

She got hear around 11, and we took my son out to lunch (he picked Culver's, of course). We went to Target, and we grabbed a pair of pants and a matching jacket for me to try on. I was a little luckwarm about this one, just because I wasn't sure if I really liked it, and it was brownish. Mom found a pair of pants to try on, and as we were walking back to the fitting room, I saw a pair of charcoal gray pants with ivory pinstripes. I grabbed a black shirt to try with them, and from the moment I put them on in the fitting room, I knew I had found what I wanted to buy. Very cute. The shirt ended up being great, too, although a little big. Mom is checking at the Target in Fort Dodge on her way home, to see if they have a medium. Within 15 minutes, I was done with my shopping! yay!

Mom took a little longer. The pants she picked out did not fit correctly at the hips, so we went on to the Mall. It took well over an hour, but she found a pair in Maurices that fit pretty well, were the right color brown, and were reasonably priced (as in, not $60).

We had a great time! And yes, shopping wore me out just as much as corn-picking did yesterday... but I had more fun shopping!

No comments: